Dengue in the Philippines
Dengue has made big news all around the country because it affected a lot of people from children to adults. It has been talk of the country late this year past months. But still, we can’t deny that dengue is still prevalent in these present days even though the effort of the government agencies the Department of Health or DOH is very serious to stop the dengue widespread.
Department of Health or DOH has done different strategies to make an impact to at least lessen this dengue by eradicating the mosquitoes’ dengue-carrying. These strategies are below:
- fogging around the area were dengue-carrying mosquitoes have been recorded,
- cleaning the house where the mosquitoes might live and hide
- cleaning and removing vessels with stagnant water that the mosquitoes might live and reproduce and even
- spreading bullfrogs in the canal, river or lake where the mosquitoes are staying and
- giving to the towns of citronella plants that believe in driving out mosquitoes including the said dengue-carrying.
Moreover, the DOH has formulated an overall Kontra Dengue advisory. To stop, control and contain dengue mosquitoes spread and to help the people who are affected by this disease. To have proper medication and this is what they called, “4S Kontra Dengue”.
4S Kontra Dengue
- Search and Destroy
- Self-protection measure
- Seek early consultation
- Say No to indiscriminating fogging
With these efforts of the Department of Health, we may not be sure if this dengue is all out. The things we should do is to be alert, prepared and informed about this dengue
For updates about the dengue news here in the Philippines, you may visit the site of DOH at https://www.doh.gov.ph/Health-Advisory/Dengue
Let us fight dengue!
Let’s all help to eradicate this dengue by doing the task as a citizen to our community for our country. Be part of the movement, be informed and be transformed.
If you have someone you suspected to have dengue don’t have to hesitate, be check! You may contact us for proper diagnosis, treatment, and medication.