A complete blood count (CBC) is a blood test used to evaluate your overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anemia, infection, and leukemia.
A complete blood count test measures several components and features of your blood, including
- Red blood cells, which carry oxygen
- White blood cells, which fight infection
- Hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells
- Hematocrit, the proportion of red blood cells to the fluid component, or plasma, in your blood
- Platelets, which help with blood clotting
Abnormal increases or decreases in cell counts as revealed in a complete blood count may indicate that you have an underlying medical condition that calls for further evaluation.
A complete blood count is a common blood test that’s done for a variety of reasons: review your overall health, diagnose a medical condition, monitor a medical condition and to monitor medical treatment
Before the test, you can eat or drink. If your blood sample will be used for additional tests, you may need to fast for a certain amount of time before the test. Your doctor will give you specific instructions. (https://www.mayoclinic.org)
Do you need a CBC test? So send us a message now! Just click the link here. We are happy to serve you!